This will be a two day course. (Saturday and Sunday) During these two sessions we will break down a hard tail bicycle, and install an electric (ebike) rear drive kit. We will also ensure that the bike in in good working order. As a result, we will deal with the following issues and the student will have the opportunity to observe and in some procedures make some hands on changes themselves. This will be limited to to two students for the sake of workspace limitations and time cintraints.
The following will be covered:
1. Bicycle breakdown to frame and forks, including part replacement (chain, tires)
2. Examination and rebuild of wheel hubs
3. Installation of ebike kit, including derailleur, rear rack, wire and control routing, short recovery.
4. Wheel truing and spoke balancing.
5. Bicycle rebuild, including understanding torque settings, chain line, proper derailleur installations, cable routing, chain length determination, and bearing installations (Head, BB, and Hub).
The student will be issued a “Basic Bicycle Mechanics” certificate at the end if the session upon passing a practical and written examination.
Circuit Cycle & Sports
Millet, AB, CA