We are working on a two to three week cycle tour of Holland to be scheduled for 24 months from now.
WATCH FOR PLANNING COFFEE MEET-UPS. – Please attend if your are curious, committed or on the fence.
The following map is a proposed cycle route.
We are announcing this now to get a sense of who will be interested in going, and then get together with the participants to plan the trip.
I am proposing a trip based on the following criteria:
1) We fly to Amsterdam
2) We rent bicycles from one of the many suppliers in that city.
3) First day, we hotel it, to rest up for the tour.
4) We travel south, staying in towns along then way. (There are many, and very close apart)
5) From the moment we begin to ride, and tour we stay in dutch homes who will host us. This is a good way of getting to know the people, the towns we visit and the culture.
6) We plan our hosts by pre-scheduling on Warmshowers.org. Please note that in all cases no fee is expected, however, as hosts of Warmshowers.org, they leave feedback.
7) The goal is to hit some cool historical spots, …. the city of Arnhem is on my bucket list. Over the next year we will firm up details, the number of people attending, and itinerary. NOTE: We will tour unsupported, not guided by any planned tour guides, we will be completely on our own.
Please comment here as we move forward and provide feedback.
Edmonton International Airport
1, 1000 Airport Rd
Edmonton, AB, CA